APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
The Southern Cross Region of The Butler Society is a non-profit organisation, which covers Australia and New Zealand, and adjacent islands. Our main focus is on researching and preserving the histories of Butler families. Membership is extended not only to all those with the name of Butler (in all its various spellings), but also to those whose family has been allied with a Butler at some stage, or who may simply have an interest in the impact that Butlers have had on local history.
The Membership Fee is $50 Australian per household and covers the calendar year from January to December. For this subscription you:
- Receive regular Australian newsletters, which cover a variety of subjects relating to Butler history and Society activities;
- Can submit articles to these newsletters, and will therefore have the opportunity to seek further information, or to share knowledge, about your own family with other members;
- Become a member of the International Butler Society, which is based in Ireland;
- Receive copies of the Irish Newsletters as they are issued;
- Can attend Regional Society Meetings, which are held at least three times a year in and around Melbourne. These provide the opportunity to meet other members, to share family history and research information, and to perhaps meet a relative of whom you had no previously knowledge;
- Can attend International Butler Rallies, which are held at three yearly intervals in Kilkenny, Ireland;
- Can attend National Gatherings which are held every three years in Australia;
- Receive a copy of The Butler Journal which is published every three years, and contains a wealth of information about Butler individuals, or Butler families;
- Become part of a worldwide Butler network, which provides contact with people interested in Butler heritage in many countries around the world.
A membership application form is attached. We look forward to welcoming you as a member of our Society soon!
Membership Application Form (PDF)
Application form – please Email this form to
or post to the address on the form.